Chicken Caesar Salad
This main-dish salad may sound fancy, but in reality it couldn't be easier to make.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fat-free creamy Caesar salad dressing
- Caesar salad croutons, optional
- Brush chicken with oil. Combine the garlic salt, paprika, pepper,
- basil and oregano; sprinkle over chicken. Grill, uncovered, over
- medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each
- side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Arrange romaine and tomato on plates. Cut chicken into strips; place
- over salads. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with croutons if
- desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 236 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 653 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber,