Chicken Caesar Pitas Recipe
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Caesar vinaigrette
- 8 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 1. In a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle, combine the first five ingredients; grind until mixture becomes fine. Rub over chicken.
- 2. On a greased grill, cook chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-in. strips. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, romaine and rice. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve in pitas. Yield: 4 servings.
2 filled pita halves: 398 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 919mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein
Reviews for Chicken Caesar Pitas
"Great summer meal!! We added some shredded cheese and cooked the chicken on the stove instead of grilled. It was fabulous!-the whole family agrees."