Chicken Caesar Pitas Recipe
Hand-held and picnic friendly, these chicken-stuffed pockets pack a double dose of whole grains from brown rice and whole wheat pitas. The chicken can be made up to 2 days in advance for a fast-fix lunch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Caesar vinaigrette
- 8 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 1. In a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle, combine the first five ingredients; grind until mixture becomes fine. Rub over chicken.
- 2. On a greased grill, cook chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-in. strips. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, romaine and rice. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve in pitas. Yield: 4 servings.
2 filled pita halves: 398 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 919mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Caesar Pitas
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC