Chicken Caesar Pitas Recipe
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Caesar vinaigrette
- 8 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- In a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle, combine the first five ingredients; grind until mixture becomes fine. Rub over chicken. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-in. strips. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, romaine and rice. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve in pitas. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Caesar Pitas in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012, p44
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Caesar Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 27, 2012
"Great summer meal!! We added some shredded cheese and cooked the chicken on the stove instead of grilled. It was fabulous!-the whole family agrees."