Chicken Caesar Pasta Toss Recipe
- 3 quarts water
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat Caesar vinaigrette
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add pasta. Return to a boil; cook for 4 minutes. Add asparagus; cook 6-8 minutes longer or until pasta and asparagus are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Drain pasta mixture. Add the chicken, tomatoes and vinaigrette; cook over low heat until heated through. Sprinkle with onions and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 363 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 609mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chicken Caesar Pasta Toss
"Pretty good but nothing to gush about."
"This was soooo good. Made with light Caesar dressing from refrigerated section of grocery since that is what we use. Used regular corkscrew pasta. Those were the only changes. Will eat remaining cold as others suggested. Would definately make again."
"This recipe just cried out to me to be served cold. So, I chilled everything after cooking, and served it as a hot summer day main dish salad. It was fantastic! Serving it cold was the only change I made to the recipe."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.