Our Test Kitchen sped up Joy Bilbey’s pasta, chicken and asparagus medley flavored with Caesar salad dressing so it’s even faster to fix. The Holt, Michigan cook created the recipe when looking for a no-hassle dinner to feed her hungry family–it was a hit!
- 3 quarts water
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat Caesar vinaigrette
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add pasta. Return to a boil; cook for 4 minutes. Add asparagus; cook 6-8 minutes longer or until pasta and asparagus are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove from the heat.
- Drain pasta mixture. Add the chicken, tomatoes and vinaigrette; cook over low heat until heated through. Sprinkle with onions and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Caesar Pasta Toss in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p27
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Caesar Pasta Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review