Chicken Caesar Florentine Recipe
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups Caesar salad croutons, coarsely crushed, divided
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed (8 ounces each)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup cheese, 1 cup crushed croutons, spinach and 1/2 cup salad dressing. Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast; fill with cheese mixture.
- 2. Place remaining dressing and crushed croutons in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in dressing, then roll in croutons.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 stuffed chicken breast half equals 553 calories, 32 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 1,109 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 48 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Caesar Florentine
"Very moist and flavorful. By all means, to ensure cooking chicken through, fold the chicken breast in half, don't roll it! When folded in half, toothpicks are not necessary. I also flattened the breast as well before stuffing."
"I pounded the chicken flat and then stuffed it with the mixture, and it turned out incredible!"
"This was a very tasty dish. Easy to prepare and not too much time involved. Am adding it to my recipe book, very glad I found it in the Dec/Jan magazine. I also enjoyed the sweet sour green beans that accompanied it."
"I'm never good at stuffy chicken but I used halves and rolled instead fastening with a tootpick. Didn't look as pretty but sure tasted fantastic!!"
"This has a great taste to it and is easy to prepare. We have decided that this recipe is "guest worthy" and is delicious!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.