Chicken Caesar Florentine
I adapted this dish from my favorite chicken Caesar salad recipe. It has many of the same ingredients as the salad: croutons, grated Parmesan, chicken, and creamy Caesar dressing. Stuffed into bone-in chicken breasts and baked, they're perfect for a comforting meal on a busy weeknight. —Joyce Conway, Westerville, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups Caesar salad croutons, coarsely crushed, divided
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed (8 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup cheese, 1
- cup crushed croutons, spinach and 1/2 cup salad dressing. Cut a
- pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast; fill with cheese
- Place remaining dressing and crushed croutons in separate shallow
- bowls. Dip chicken in dressing, then roll in croutons.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 30
- minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 10-15 minutes longer
- or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed chicken breast half equals 553 calories, 32 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 1,109 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 48 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or