Chicken Caesar Deluxe Pizza Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat Caesar vinaigrette
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-3/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken and rosemary in oil until chicken is no longer pink; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, yeast, salt and basil. Add water; beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining all-purpose flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover and rest for 10 minutes.
- 3. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 4. Spread vinaigrette over crust. Layer with spinach, green pepper, mushrooms, onion and chicken. Sprinkle with cheese and tomatoes. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 pieces.
1 piece equals 358 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 794 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.