“This is a great no-guilt recipe. I sometimes substitute ground turkey,” explains Rachel Riccomini of Saint Marys, Kansas. “To make it even lighter, omit the rolls and use the burgers to top a salad!”
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 1/4 cup torn romaine
- 4 teaspoons fat-free creamy Caesar salad dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the onion, 1 tablespoon cheese, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Serve on buns with romaine and salad dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Caesar Burgers in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p17
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Caesar Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review