- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives
- In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk water and cornmeal; microwave, covered, on high for 6 minutes. Stir; cook, covered, 5-7 minutes longer or until polenta is thickened, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in cheese and salt.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add onion to the same pan; cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Return chicken to pan; stir in tomatoes and olives. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with polenta. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Cacciatore with Polenta in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Chicken Cacciatore with Polenta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review