Chicken Cacciatore with Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Recipe provided by Philadelphia® Cream Cheese
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Total: 40 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 3/4 pound medium red potatoes (about 2), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1-1/2 cups small fresh cauliflower florets
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1lb.)
- 1/2 cup KRAFT® Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 each green and yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup (1/2 of 8-oz. tub) PHILADELPHIA® Chive & Onion Cheese Spread 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1. COOK potatoes and cauliflower in boiling water in large saucepan 20 min. or until tender.
- 2. MEANWHILE, cook chicken in large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat 3 to 4 min. on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to plate; cover to keep warm.
- 3. ADD dressing, mushrooms and peppers to skillet; cook and stir 6 min. Add tomatoes; simmer 8 min. Return chicken to skillet; spoon sauce over chicken. Simmer 3 min. or until chicken is done (165°).
- 4. DRAIN potato mixture; return to pan. Add reduced-fat cream cheese; mash until potato mixture is fluffy. Serve topped with chicken, vegetables and basil. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 340 calories, 10 g fat (4.5 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 1,020 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC