Chicken Cacciatore Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- In a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms and leeks in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, chicken, tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, pasta, thyme and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender. Top each serving with cheese and basil. Yield: 7 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Cacciatore Soup(2)
Sort By :
Have made this many times and I love it! Great family dish to prepare.
This was a delicious soup recipe with lots of flavor - definitely put the shredded parmesan or asiago on top along with the fresh basil; it makes a beautiful finish!
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Soup Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Soup Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >