- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- In a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms and leeks in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, chicken, tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, pasta, thyme and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender. Top each serving with cheese and basil. Yield: 7 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Chicken Cacciatore Soup
Sort By :
Have made this many times and I love it! Great family dish to prepare.
This was a delicious soup recipe with lots of flavor - definitely put the shredded parmesan or asiago on top along with the fresh basil; it makes a beautiful finish!