Chicken Cacciatore Over Rice
"Not only is this satisfying main dish easy to fix, it tastes fantastic," assures Susan Adair from Somerset, Kentucky. And it has plenty of nicely spiced sauce.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, onion and green pepper in oil
- until chicken is lightly browned and vegetables are tender. Add
- tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until no longer
- pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 218 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 702 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.