"Not only is this satisfying main dish easy to fix, it tastes fantastic," assures Susan Adair from Somerset, Kentucky. And it has plenty of nicely spiced sauce.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, onion and green pepper in oil until chicken is lightly browned and vegetables are tender. Add tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Cacciatore in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p10
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Cacciatore Over Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review