- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, onion and green pepper in oil until chicken is lightly browned and vegetables are tender. Add tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Cacciatore Over Rice
Sort By :
Family said this recipe was a keeper. Pretty high praise.
Awesome recipe. I am a firefighter and I cook this for the guys at work. They loved it. I doubled the recipe added mushrooms, and crush red pepper to it. Cooked it over fettuccine. It is on our rotation for dinner at work.
I served this last night over brown rice and my family loved it. My 6 year old said the he liked the ice cream we had for dessert better. I can't imagine why.
This was a wonderful quick recipe. I was lucky enough to have some fresh herbs growing so I used about 1 tbsp of fresh parsley, 1 tsp of fresh oregano, 1/2 tsp of fresh basil and a fresh bay leaf.
I really liked it. I also added fresh mushrooms.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Cacciatore >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >