- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup whole pitted ripe olives
- Hot cooked pasta
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Remove chicken to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender. Add the tomatoes, pearl onions, broth, tomato paste and seasonings. Bring to a boil; pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add olives; bake 15 minutes longer. Discard bay leaf. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Cacciatore for Four
Sort By :
I made a slight deviation, due to ingredient availability in the house and timesaving, I used a Tablespoon of prepared pesto in lieu of the dried basil, oregano, thyme and bay. I believe most all of those ingredients were in the pesto. The dish was easy to prepare and absolutely delicious. I will definitely make this again as everyone in the family enjoyed it.
This is the best Chicken Cacciatore I have ever eaten. The only change that I made was to leave out the mushrooms.
Wonderful!! Even my pickey 6yr old liked it.