"Not only is this satisfying main dish easy to fix, it tastes fantastic," assures Susan Adair from Somerset, Kentucky. And it has plenty of nicely spiced sauce.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, onion and green pepper in oil
- until chicken is lightly browned and vegetables are tender. Add
- tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until no longer
- pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 218 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 702 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.