Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained or 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup white wine or water
- Hot cooked pasta
- Place sliced onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the chicken, seasonings, tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms and wine or water. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Discard bay leaf. Serve chicken with sauce over pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Cacciatore(4)
Sort By :
This recipe was delicious. I added half a green pepper and a small can of sliced black olives to it. I think I will make it with chicken breasts next time but very yummy!
I love the way that the chicken gets so tender in the crockpot! I usually just use chicken breasts instead of the broiler chicken. I also add 1-2 green bell pepper to mine, and some red pepper flakes because I like it a little more spicy. This recipe is delicious!
This was excellent .... clearly marked my recipe to make it one of my favorite recipes.
could I just use a slow cooker?
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Cacciatore >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >