I love to cook and rarely work from any recipes. My family always wonder what's cooking in the kitchen! They really enjoy these herb-flavored chicken burgers.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked chicken, ground or finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon each poultry seasoning, dried thyme, ground mustard and salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 to 1 cup milk
- 8 hamburger rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced tomatoes
- In a large skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Place in a large bowl. Add chicken, crumbs, Parmesan, eggs, herbs and seasonings; mix well. Stir in enough milk to be able to shape mixture into patties. Shape into eight patties. In the same skillet, cook patties in remaining oil for 5 minutes or until browned on each side and heated through. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Burgers in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p19
Reviews for Chicken Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review