Chicken Bulgur Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 cups bulgur
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, cook and stir the carrots, onion, nuts, caraway seeds and cumin for 3-4 minutes or until onion starts to brown.
- Stir in bulgur. Gradually add broth; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; add the raisins, salt, cinnamon and chicken. Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until bulgur is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Chicken Bulgur Skillet(6)
Sort By :
I made this just as suggested and it was wonderful. It was very easy and so tasty. I really loved this one.
Delicious, easy and low in Carbs
I'm trying to include more grains and less potatoes/pasta in our meals. I had purchased bulgur and gotten chicken out of the freezer for dinner. I searched for someway to use them together and found this recipe. It was easy to make as a week night meal and I paired it with steamed broccoli. I doubled the cumin and cinnamon because we love cumin and such a small amount of cinnamon would have little impact. I also used currents instead of raisins and increased the amount to about 1/4 cup. My 11 year old enjoyed it...said it reminded her of the flavors of oatmeal. I reheated leftovers for lunch, which worked well. But I also think you could eat it as a cold salad.
Bulgur should be with the grains in the grocery store. Trader Joes carries it now (that's what I used) and it should be readily available in a natural foods store as well. It may be labled "bulgur wheat".
I second patriciasfrick's question.
What is bulgur and where (what part of grocery store) do you find it?
Delicious and easy to prepare meal! I love new ways to prepare bulgur and this is now a favorite for my family.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >