Chicken Bruschetta Sandwiches
Regular bruschetta can be delightful, but rarely makes a meal. This appetizer-
inspired sandwich, on the other hand, is beautiful and also pleasantly filling. —Bette E. Giles, Dedham, Massachusetts
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick), toasted
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, onion and 1/2 cup
- dressing; set aside. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side
- or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with remaining
- dressing. Layer each slice of toast with a chicken breast, cheese
- slice and tomato mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 517 calories, 27 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,233 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.