Regular bruschetta can be delightful, but rarely makes a meal. This appetizer- inspired sandwich, on the other hand, is beautiful and also pleasantly filling. —Bette E. Giles, Dedham, Massachusetts
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick), toasted
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, onion and 1/2 cup dressing; set aside. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with remaining dressing. Layer each slice of toast with a chicken breast, cheese slice and tomato mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Bruschetta Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010, p29
Reviews for Chicken Bruschetta Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review