- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick), toasted
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, onion and 1/2 cup dressing; set aside. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with remaining dressing. Layer each slice of toast with a chicken breast, cheese slice and tomato mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Bruschetta Sandwiches
Sort By :
"Also good on toasted ciabatta rolls."
"These were a perfect dinner for a hot summer night! My husband complimented me after every bite (Thanks Simple & Delicious). We are not a fan of tomatoes, so I substitued a red pepper bruschetta and it was still fab!"
"This is a great summer recipe & the fresh basil really helps make it. Didn't have mozzarella so used sliced provolone instead. This is a really simple & delicious recipe."
"This recipe turned out great. It was a different twist on chicken. I placed my chicken on the toast and put mozzarella on top and popped it back in the oven to melt the cheese. I made pasta salad with this and to was yummo!"
"Fabulous! Hubby asked, "So when are you going to make these again?" This is a fabulous recipe, especially if you grow your own fresh basil like I do. Yum!"