- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth, divided
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen lima beans, thawed
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a stockpot, melt butter. Add onions; saute until tender. Stir in 5 cups broth, chicken, corn, beans, potatoes, tomatoes, celery, water, herbs and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth; gradually stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Yield: 14 servings (1-1/2 cups each).
Originally published as Brunswick Stew in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p45
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Brunswick Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2015
"Comfort Food. Perfect for when I want a warm up."