Chicken Brunch Bake Recipe
Chunks of tender chicken add heartiness to this appealing brunch casserole. This was my son's favorite hot lunch meal from high school. —DeLee Jochum, Dubuque, Iowa
- 9 slices day-old bread, cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup diced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1. In a large bowl, toss bread cubes and broth. Add chicken, rice, pimientos, parsley and salt if desired; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour eggs over all.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 233 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Chicken Brunch Bake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC