Chicken Brunch Bake Recipe
- 9 slices day-old bread, cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup diced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1. In a large bowl, toss bread cubes and broth. Add chicken, rice, pimientos, parsley and salt if desired; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour eggs over all.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 179 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 19g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 2 lean meat
Reviews for Chicken Brunch Bake
"This dish sounds very good. We enjoy chicken so this appeals to us."