Chicken Brunch Bake
Chunks of tender chicken add heartiness to this appealing brunch casserole from DeLee Jochum of Dubuque, Iowa. "This was my son's favorite hot lunch meal from high school," she recalls.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 9 slices day-old bread, cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup diced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- In a large bowl, toss bread cubes and broth. Add chicken, rice,
- pimientos, parsley and salt if desired; mix well. Transfer to a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour eggs over all.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-calorie bread, reduced-sodium broth and egg substitute equivalent to 4 eggs and without salt) equals 179 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.