Chicken Brunch Bake Recipe
Chunks of tender chicken add heartiness to this appealing brunch casserole from DeLee Jochum of Dubuque, Iowa. "This was my son's favorite hot lunch meal from high school," she recalls.
- 9 slices day-old bread, cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup diced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1. In a large bowl, toss bread cubes and broth. Add chicken, rice, pimientos, parsley and salt if desired; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour eggs over all.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 179 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Chicken Brunch Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC