Chunks of tender chicken add heartiness to this appealing brunch casserole from DeLee Jochum of Dubuque, Iowa. "This was my son's favorite hot lunch meal from high school," she recalls.
- 9 slices day-old bread, cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup diced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- In a large bowl, toss bread cubes and broth. Add chicken, rice, pimientos, parsley and salt if desired; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour eggs over all.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Brunch Bake in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p17
Reviews for Chicken Brunch Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2014
"This dish sounds very good. We enjoy chicken so this appeals to us."