Chunks of tender chicken add heartiness to this appealing brunch casserole. This was my son's favorite hot lunch meal from high school. —DeLee Jochum, Dubuque, Iowa
Featured In: 50 Chicken Recipes in a 13x9 Pan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 9 slices day-old bread, cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup diced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- In a large bowl, toss bread cubes and broth. Add chicken, rice, pimientos, parsley and, if desired, salt; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour eggs over all.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Brunch Bake in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p17