Chunks of tender chicken add heartiness to this appealing brunch casserole from DeLee Jochum of Dubuque, Iowa. "This was my son's favorite hot lunch meal from high school," she recalls.
- 9 slices day-old bread, cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/2 cup diced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- In a large bowl, toss bread cubes and broth. Add chicken, rice, pimientos, parsley and salt if desired; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour eggs over all.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Brunch Bake in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p17
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Chicken Brunch Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2014
"This dish sounds very good. We enjoy chicken so this appeals to us."