Chicken Brunch Bake Recipe
Chunks of tender chicken add heartiness to this appealing brunch casserole from DeLee Jochum of Dubuque, Iowa. "This was my son's favorite hot lunch meal from high school," she recalls.
- 9 slices day-old bread, cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/2 cup diced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 4 eggs, beaten
- In a large bowl, toss bread cubes and broth. Add chicken, rice, pimientos, parsley and salt if desired; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour eggs over all.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Brunch Bake in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p17
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Chicken Brunch Bake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2014
This dish sounds very good. We enjoy chicken so this appeals to us.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >