Chicken Broccoli Toss Recipe
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups sliced cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1. Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
- 2. Divide romaine among four salad plates. In a bowl, combine the chicken, apple and broccoli; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Spoon onto romaine. Sprinkle with pecans and raisins. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 248 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 507mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.