Chicken Broccoli Toss
Lots of color and a nutty crunch give this interesting toss real appeal. The fruit, veggie and chicken medley is a favorite of Marie Hattrup, a field editor from Sparks, Nevada.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups sliced cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Pecan Halves, toasted
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1
- in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or
- until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water; pat dry with
- paper towels.
- Divide romaine among four salad plates. In a bowl, combine the
- chicken, apple and broccoli; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Spoon onto romaine. Sprinkle with pecans and raisins. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 248 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 507 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.