Lots of color and a nutty crunch give this interesting toss real appeal. The fruit, veggie and chicken medley is a favorite of Marie Hattrup, a field editor from Sparks, Nevada.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups sliced cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
- Divide romaine among four salad plates. In a bowl, combine the chicken, apple and broccoli; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Spoon onto romaine. Sprinkle with pecans and raisins. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Broccoli Toss in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p22
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Broccoli Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2014
"I thought this was just okay but nothing special for a light dinner or lunch."