Lots of color and a nutty crunch give this interesting toss real appeal. The fruit, veggie and chicken medley is a favorite of Marie Hattrup, a field editor from Sparks, Nevada.
Recommended: 40 Light-ish Recipes That Don't Skimp on Cheese
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups sliced cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
- Divide romaine among four salad plates. In a bowl, combine the chicken, apple and broccoli; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Spoon onto romaine. Sprinkle with pecans and raisins. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Broccoli Toss in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p22
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Broccoli Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review