Chicken Broccoli Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup canned sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup canned bamboo shoots
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 3/4 cup. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from chicken. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth; set aside.
- 3. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 teaspoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Stir-fry broccoli in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Add the water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and onions; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 4. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup stir-fry with 1/2 cup rice equals 316 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 719 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chicken Broccoli Stir-Fry
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer