Chicken Broccoli Spaghetti Recipe
Jeanette Fuehring's cheesy chicken and broccoli dish makes enough for two meals. "I serve one casserole for supper the night I make it and freeze the other for a quick dinner later," says the Concordia, Missouri cook.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package (1 pound) spaghetti
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place chicken in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until no longer pink. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Drain chicken and cut into cubes; set aside.
- 2. In a Dutch oven, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add broccoli; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside. In the same pan, combine soups and water. Stir in cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in the chicken, broccoli, pepper and spaghetti.
- 3. Transfer to two greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned and edges are bubbly.
- 4. To bake frozen casserole: Completely thaw in the refrigerator. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC