Jeanette Fuehring's cheesy chicken and broccoli dish makes enough for two meals. "I serve one casserole for supper the night I make it and freeze the other for a quick dinner later," says the Concordia, Missouri cook.
Recommended: How to Cook Spaghetti Squash
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package (1 pound) spaghetti
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until no longer pink. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Drain chicken and cut into cubes; set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add broccoli; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside. In the same pan, combine soups and water. Stir in cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in the chicken, broccoli, pepper and spaghetti.
- Transfer to two greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned and edges are bubbly.
- To bake frozen casserole: Completely thaw in the refrigerator. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Originally published as Chicken Broccoli Spaghetti in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p47
Reviews for Chicken Broccoli Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2013
"My family really likes this recipe. I make several batchers and freeze it."
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2008
"This recipe is wonderful! Great way to use up extra spaghetti noodles. I will definetly be making this again, as it is now one of my families favorites!!!"