Chicken Broccoli Shells Recipe
"This cheesy entree can be assembled ahead of time and popped in the oven when company arrives," explains Karen Jagger of Columbia City, Indiana. She suggests rounding out the meal with a tossed salad and warm bread.
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 21 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, broccoli, chicken and cheeses. Spoon into pasta shells. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 7 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC