“My family loves pasta, but often the sauces are loaded with calories, so I came up with this. The soup, milk and cheese are much lighter, yet taste just as rich. I make it often on busy days and it's always a hit.” Debbie Maier - Lynden, Washington
Recommended: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the chicken, onion and mushrooms in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Drain fettuccine; stir in the soup, milk and reserved chicken mixture. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p26
Reviews for Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2010
"This was a very simple recipe to make. My family enjoyed it and we would reccommend it again."
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2009
"I had pleasure of making this dish Sunday. Both my husband and I enjyed it very much. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Debbie.Sincerely,"