Chicken Broccoli Crepes Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) frozen broccoli spears, cooked and drained
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the milk, eggs and butter. Combine flour and salt; add to egg mixture and beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet. Stir batter; pour 1/4 cup into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 3. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in broth and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in 2 cups of cheese. Cook and stir for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream until smooth.
- 4. Place four broccoli spears and 1/3 cup of chicken down the center of each crepe; top with 1/3 cup cheese sauce. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour remaining cheese sauce over crepes; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 5. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 crepes.
2 each: 1104 calories, 73g fat (47g saturated fat), 409mg cholesterol, 1538mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 60g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Broccoli Crepes
"I substituted whole wheat flour in crepes and used low fat dairy in everything to bring down the fat content. Just as yummy!"
"I made these divine crepes twice before I was able to view the nutritional facts. Egads! I may never make them again, but it won't be because I don't want to!"