Chicken Broccoli Crepes Recipe
When I organized food and nutrition training for our county 4-H’ers, we had cooking demonstrations representing different countries. We chose crepes for France, and everyone really loved them with this chicken broccoli filling.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) frozen broccoli spears, cooked and drained
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the milk, eggs and butter. Combine flour and salt; add to egg mixture and beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet. Stir batter; pour 1/4 cup into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 3. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in broth and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in 2 cups of cheese. Cook and stir for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream until smooth.
- 4. Place four broccoli spears and 1/3 cup of chicken down the center of each crepe; top with 1/3 cup cheese sauce. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour remaining cheese sauce over crepes; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 5. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 crepes.
1 serving (2 each) equals 1,104 calories, 73 g fat (47 g saturated fat), 409 mg cholesterol, 1,538 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 60 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC