Chicken Broccoli Bake
My husband claims to not like broccoli but has second helpings whenever I serve this casserole. Lemon bars are a great dessert to finish the meal.—Kristin Zanetti, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 packages (6.2 ounces each) broccoli au gratin rice mix
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, evenly spread rice from rice
- packages. In a bowl, combine the water, soup, mustard and contents
- of sauce packets from the rice; pour half over rice. Layer with
- chicken and broccoli. Pour remaining sauce over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until chicken
- juices run clear and rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10
- minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 269 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 743 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of