My husband claims to not like broccoli but has second helpings whenever I serve this casserole. Lemon bars are a great dessert to finish the meal.—Kristin Zanetti, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 2 packages (6.2 ounces each) broccoli au gratin rice mix
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, evenly spread rice from rice packages. In a bowl, combine the water, soup, mustard and contents of sauce packets from the rice; pour half over rice. Layer with chicken and broccoli. Pour remaining sauce over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Broccoli Bake in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Broccoli Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review