Chicken Breasts with Melon Relish Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup diced cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the salt, ginger, nutmeg and pepper. Rub over both sides of chicken. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the relish ingredients. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 260 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 4 lean meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Chicken Breasts with Melon Relish
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.