This tropical tasting melon relish recipe comes from Roxanne Chan of Albany, California. The topping is sweet and very flavorful, and goes well with the tender chicken breasts to finish this wonderful summery dish.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup diced cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, ginger, nutmeg and pepper. Rub over both sides of chicken. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the relish ingredients. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Breasts with Melon Relish in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p58
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Breasts with Melon Relish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review