Chicken Breasts with Fruit Salsa Recipe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Spread over one side of each chicken breast.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute chicken seasoned side down in butter for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken to serving platter; keep warm.
- 3. Meanwhile, for salsa, in a small bowl, combine the fruit, onion and pepper; set aside. Combine cornstarch and juice until smooth; gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; pour over fruit mixture and gently toss to coat. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 164 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Chicken Breasts with Fruit Salsa
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.