For a casual Christmas Eve meal or other get-together, try this out-of-the-ordinary entree. The saucy chicken is delicious served over rice. —Pam Norby, Amery, Wisconsin
- 1 package (6 ounces) rice pilaf
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 large pears, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Prepare rice pilaf according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper over chicken breasts. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter for 4 minutes; add pears. Saute 2-3 minutes longer or until mushrooms and pears are tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Stir in the flour, curry powder and remaining pepper until blended; gradually add broth and chutney. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Gradually stir in cream into skillet; add chicken and mushroom mixture. Heat through. Serve over rice; sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Breasts with Curry Sauce in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p48
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Breasts with Curry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review