- until slightly reduced and sugar is dissolved, stirring
- occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in cherries.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Cover and cook over low heat for 30-35
- minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Combine cornstarch
- and water until smooth; stir into the sauce. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken.
- Yield: 6 servings (2 cups sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 266 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 485 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.