Chicken Breasts Grecian-Style
When my husband and I have guests for dinner, we try to make the meal impressive as well as tasty. These chicken breasts stuffed with a flavorful feta cheese and spinach mixture fit the bill.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 packages (4 ounces each) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 6 to 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Pinch pepper
- 6 to 8 bacon strips
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, feta cheese, mayonnaise and flour;
- set aside. Cut a 2-in.-deep pocket in the side of each chicken
- breast half. Lightly fill each pocket with spinach mixture. Sprinkle
- with pepper.
- Wrap a strip of bacon around each piece of chicken; spoon 1
- tablespoon of spinach mixture on top of each. Place in a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-60
- minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 268 calories, 24 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 369 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.