Chicken Breast with Sun-Dried Tomatoes Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- 1. Bring 1/2 cup broth to a boil; remove from the heat. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes; let stand for 10 minutes. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, onion and 1 teaspoon garlic for 1 minute. Stir in the remaining broth; cook 2 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender. Remove mushroom mixture and set aside.
- 2. Rub chicken with remaining garlic. In the same skillet, brown chicken in oil for 3 minutes on each side. Stir in tomato mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken; slice and keep warm.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, basil, salt and pepper. Stir in milk until smooth; add to tomato mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in mushroom mixture. Spoon over chicken. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 190 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chicken Breast with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
"I would give this a 5 star with a few alterations. I doubled everything in the recipe except the chicken so have a bit of sauce for the pasta. I also added 2 slices of cheese to make it creamier. Excellent flavor and even with the cheese very good for you. Took 50 minutes from start to finish and will def make this again!"
"Sounds like that is what I am going to fix tomorrow. Yummy, I will let you know how I rate it tomorrow night."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.