- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until
- chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken; slice and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, basil, salt and pepper. Stir
- in milk until smooth; add to tomato mixture. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in mushroom
- mixture. Spoon over chicken. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup sauce (calculated without pasta) equals 190 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now