Sun-dried tomatoes provide intense flavor in this delightful chicken entree. If you have all the ingredients for this dish ready before you start to cook, the recipe comes together quickly.
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- Bring 1/2 cup broth to a boil; remove from the heat. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes; let stand for 10 minutes. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, onion and 1 teaspoon garlic for 1 minute. Stir in the remaining broth; cook 2 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender. Remove mushroom mixture and set aside.
- Rub chicken with remaining garlic. In the same skillet, brown chicken in oil for 3 minutes on each side. Stir in tomato mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken; slice and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, basil, salt and pepper. Stir in milk until smooth; add to tomato mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in mushroom mixture. Spoon over chicken. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Breast with Sun-Dried Tomatoes in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p61
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Breast with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review