Add a salad or a steamed veggie and you’ll have a hearty meal for one with this tender baked chicken and tasty herb stuffing. “You can remove the skin from the chicken breast if you like,” notes Bobby Taylor of LaPorte, Indiana.
Recommended: 30 Ways to Cook Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 bone-in chicken breast half (7 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 drop hot pepper sauce
- 1 slice day-old bread, cubed
- Place chicken skin side down on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil lightly coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Spoon over chicken. Fold foil around chicken and seal tightly; place in a baking pan. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes. Carefully open foil. Bake 5 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Chicken Breast with Stuffing in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p61
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Breast with Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review