- 1 bone-in chicken breast half (7 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 drop hot pepper sauce
- 1 slice day-old bread, cubed
- Place chicken skin side down on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil lightly coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Spoon over chicken. Fold foil around chicken and seal tightly; place in a baking pan. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes. Carefully open foil. Bake 5 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Chicken Breast with Stuffing in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p61
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Breast with Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review