Chicken Bread Salad
Using leftover chicken or cooked chicken from the refrigerated section of your supermarket will shorten the preparation time for this recipe.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 24 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place bread on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3
- minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut bread into 1-in. pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread, chicken, tomatoes, beans,
- cucumber, basil, salt and pepper. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to
- coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; toss. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-3/4 cups equals 981 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 2,245 mg sodium, 154 g carbohydrate, 13 g fiber, 50 g protein.