Using leftover chicken or cooked chicken from the refrigerated section of your supermarket will shorten the preparation time for this recipe.
- 24 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place bread on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Cool on a wire rack. Cut bread into 1-in. pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread, chicken, tomatoes, beans, cucumber, basil, salt and pepper. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; toss. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Bread Salad in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p78
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Bread Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review