"I first prepared this pasta salad for a family picnic at a national park and everyone really enjoyed it. I'm sure Mother Nature helped make that meal so memorable, but I still find myself serving this often during the summer," writes Pam Guerin of Skowhegan, Maine. A zippy dressing lightly coats the tossed mixture of pasta, chicken, tomato and onion.
Featured In: 30 Salad Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain. Cool completely. For dressing, combine the chilies, lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, sugar and hot pepper sauce in a small bowl; stir well.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, tomatoes, onion and cilantro. Add dressing and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Bow Tie Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p57
Reviews for Chicken Bow Tie Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2014
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2013
"quick, easy and delic."