Chicken-Bow Tie Primavera
Rich and creamy and filled with appealing flavor, this dish is ideal for busy weeknights. “Serve with garlic toast for a speedy supper," suggests Mary Thomas of North Lewisburg, Ohio.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute chicken and carrot in oil for 5-6 minutes or until
- chicken juices run clear; drain.
- Add the zucchini, squash, seasoned salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered,
- until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta. Add the pasta, cream and Parmesan cheese to the chicken
- mixture; stir to combine. Cook, uncovered, until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.