Chicken Bow Tie Alfredo Recipe
- 4 cups uncooked multigrain bow tie pasta
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Additional grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, optional
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the chicken, cheese, basil, pepper and salt; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- 3. Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture. Heat through. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/4 cups (calculated without additional cheese) equals 430 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Bow Tie Alfredo
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.