Chicken Bites with Apricot Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Pour 1/4 cup buttermilk into a shallow bowl; add chicken. Turn to coat. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs and remaining buttermilk. In a third bowl, combine cornflakes, onion powder, garlic salt, salt, oregano and pepper.
- 2. Add chicken to flour and shake to coat. Dip floured chicken into egg mixture, then into cornflake mixture, turning to coat. Arrange chicken in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake until juices run clear, 15-18 minutes. In a small bowl, combine apricot preserves and mustard. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 dozen (1 cup sauce).
1 appetizer with 2 teaspoons sauce: 102 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Chicken Bites with Apricot Sauce
"The chicken turned out alright, but we thought the sauce was terrible. Found out not a huge fan of apricot preserves. Oh well, many more recipes to try!"
"I made these as tenders instead of bites. Took a lot more cornflakes than the recipe asked for and a lot less egg and milk. But they turned out quite tasty and crunchy. Keeper."
"Great Recipe .... but I substituted Chinese Mustard for the prepared mustard . Tastes great with the Apricot Preserves and gives the recipe a little Kick !"
"Where is the recipe for the Apricot Sauce?"
"You can also use hamburger instead of chicken or ground turkey...good that way too..."