- 1 cup buttermilk, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Pour 1/2 cup buttermilk into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Place flour in another resealable plastic bag. In a third bag, combine the cornflakes, onion powder, garlic salt, salt, oregano and pepper. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and remaining buttermilk.
- Drain chicken; add to flour and shake to coat. Coat with egg mixture, then add to cornflake mixture and shake to coat. Arrange chicken in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear. In a small bowl, combine apricot preserves and mustard. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 dozen (1 cup sauce).
Reviews for Chicken Bites with Apricot Sauce
Sort By :
"The Chicken turned out alright, but we thought the sauce was terrible. Found out not a huge fan of apricot preserves. Oh well, many more recipes to try!"
"I made these as tenders instead of bites. Took a lot more cornflakes than the recipe asked for and a lot less egg and milk. But they turned out quite tasty and crunchy. Keeper."
"Great Recipe .... but I substituted Chinese Mustard for the prepared mustard . Tastes great with the Apricot Preserves and gives the recipe a little Kick !"
"Where is the recipe for the Apricot Sauce?"
"You can also use hamburger instead of chicken or ground turkey...good that way too..."